As we know that steel is an alloy of iron and other elements such as carbon, phosphorus, chromium, Nickle. Steel is a necessary element of the earth as well as for national development. The steel industry or plant is a lot of processes industry. Meanwhile, it’s based on plant engineering which is including construction and maintenance of the plant. In general, plant engineering is required for the extension of plant life.
- New invention in Plant Engineering technology affecting the production
- In addition to some traditional and basic requirements, plant engineering has to meet some additional requirements such as high quality, production rate, and a wide range of quality. The new technology in the Iron and Steel industry is required to improve the quality of the material and also the production yield.
- The new technology helping the iron and steel industry for increasing the production rate of the company and decreasing the manufacturing of steel & plant maintenance costs. These are the two major things that will help the steel manufacturing plant to increase the revenue of the company. Because a big part of the company’s income spent on the maintenance of the plant and machine for continuously running the plant. It affects the income of the plant and as well as a high base value of the product.
- Plant Diagnosis and Automation Technology
- In the steel manufacturing industry, plant engineering plays a major role in steelworks for rationalization and manpower saving in the operation. Automation is the new technology in plant engineering which helps to increase the life of the machines and equipment as well as maintain the quality of the product.
- Automation is a term in which plant machines, equipment, and instrument fully control by the computers, sensors, and monitoring computer software. These are durable and improvise the operation, quality, and production rate of the steel industry. Plant diagnosis and Automation decrease the chance of failure of any machine and equipment or can detect automatically any abnormalities of the sensors.
- In the old era, lot of manpower required to perform multiple jobs in the steel manufacture industry as well as other industries. The most important drawback of having the manpower to perform the job is that they have low efficiency then machines, less accuracy, and precision work which affects the quality of the product. But on the other hand, in an automated plant, machines perform multiple jobs at a time which causes a high production rate, lower manufacturing cost, and maintenance cost, and will increase the overall efficiency of the steel plant or any other industry. Because a large part of the plant’s revenue is spent to keep the plant’s machine and equipment running as well as on manpower. Which will affects the company’s earnings and as well as the base price of the product.