Let me tell you first, that steel is such an amazing metal and steel has countless coated products which are used in many industries because the different products of steel have their different uses. Steel has one interesting or important factor which allows the steel to be treated with a different type of coatings like, steel has their adaptability, durability and capability. There are numerous reasons by which steel is coated, it is coated to protect it from getting rust easily and in simple work, it is coated for avoiding corrosion, for improving its resistance and also for giving it a shiny effect. Steel can be used anywhere for any purpose because it can be adjusted anywhere in any industry. By reading our blog, you will become able to find out the best-coated steel product for your use. Let me inform you, zinc metal is the most important thing which is used in the coating of steel. Zinc is the main ingredient and the coating of zinc on steel metal is called cathodic protection and cathodic protection is the method which is used to do coating for avoiding corrosion on it and cathodic protection is a combination of zinc or zinc alloy. There are many methods of coating on steel products for avoiding steel from getting it rust. But here we are going to tell you the most common methods which are used by most of the industries.
- Hot dipping: – in this process of coating steel metal, we are going to dip steel into a hot molten zinc metal which is heated at a temperature of about 450 degree Celsius and it could be left for some time, after some time when we remove it from the hot molten of zinc, it will react with the carbon dioxide (CO2) and oxygen (O2) which is present in the air and form the tough layer. This is called a hot dipping process.
- Electro galvanizing: – this is the second option by which we can do coating on steel, which is also going to protect steel from corrosion. In this process we are going to pass electricity through a zinc solution to zinc anode and are going to dip steel in it for some time and when we remove it will be coated.
There are four types of coated steel products, which we are going to tell you.
- Galvanized: – galvanized steel is formed from a coating of zinc on it and after coating of zinc in it is generally used for ducting and roofing. It can be formed with the help of a process called hot dipping or also with electro galvanization. Galvanized metal scores about 3out of 5 corrosion resistance.
- Galvannealed: – galvannealed steel is a type of steel which is coated with steel and only used in the automobiles for making outer parts and it is formed by a process called annealing. Galvannealed steel has a score of about 2 out of 5 corrosion resistance.
- Galvalume: – galvalume has a coating of three metals 43.5 percent of zinc, 55 percent of aluminium and 1.6 percent of silicon. It is mainly used in buildings which are made up of metal and for roofing, the building and the process of making galvalume steel is hop dipping. It has a score of about 4 out of 5 corrosion resistance.
- Gal fan: – and this has a coating of two metals, zinc 95 per cent and aluminium of about 5 per cent. It is also used in automobile parts. It forms by continuously doing a hot dipping method on it. gal fan steel has the highest corrosion resistance of all steel coating about 5 out of 5.
More Blog –
ENERGY USE AND EMISSIONS IN THE CEMENT INDUSTRY
THE IRON AND STEEL INDUSTRY’S ENERGY USE AND EMISSION